Fiscal Year 2005 Giving Highlights
- Fiscal year 2005 (July 2004–June 2005) was the third consecutive year during which giving to the University increased significantly, with $3.6 million in donations and $1.2 million in pledges.
Trustee and alumnus Anthony Petrocelli, BS’69 (M), and his wife, Ann, made a $4 million commitment resulting in the renaming of the New College of General and Continuing Studies as the Anthony J. Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies.
- A $2.1 million commitment by alumnus and former chair of the Board of Trustees Edward Hennessy, Jr., BS’55 (R), and his wife, Ruth, was announced
at last year’s Commencement ceremony.
- Unrestricted gifts to the Fund for FDU totaled $1,258,373 vs. $1,008,519
in fiscal year 2004.
- A $305,000 endowment gift was received from the estate of alumna
Alison Storipan, BA’75 (M), MA’93 (M).
- A $300,000 unrestricted gift was received from the estate of Mildred Gorden.
- Alumni contributed 36 percent of all donations.
- Corporations donated 25 percent of all gifts.
FDU Magazine Home | Table of Contents | FDU Home | Alumni Home | Comments
©Copyright 2006 Fairleigh Dickinson University. All rights reserved.
For a print copy of FDU Magazine, featuring this and other stories, contact Rebecca Maxon, editor,
201-692-7024 or firstname.lastname@example.org.